* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* In a much discussed Sports Illustrated article about 13 Heisman trophy candidates, Rex Burkhead was not mentioned. The good news is, in a poll of Nebraska voters, Burkhead is the surprise front-runner for U.S. Senate.
* I'm not surprised Burkhead isn't in the Heisman mix. He's moral. Ethical. Has integrity. Someone like that certainly doesn't represent college athletics in 2012.
* On Tuesday, Omaha officials announced that starting Wednesday traffic on south 144th Street would be restricted for two weeks. If you follow things like this in Omaha, you know that means the lanes will reopen sometime in August 2016.
* Taxes were due at midnight Tuesday. At 11:50 p.m., thousands of Americans were stunned to show up and find out their neighborhood post office closed nine months ago.
* Gov. Dave Heineman will buck tradition on Wednesday and skip the customary speech to mark the end of the legislative session. This is due to the governor undergoing treatment for severe writer's cramp because of all the bills he's vetoed.
* On Tuesday, President Obama said he will take action to lower gas prices. As you know, when the sitting president running for re-election announces he's going to lower gas prices, it marks the official beginning of the general election.
* Vice President Joe Biden donated 1.5 percent of his income to charity. Biden is being criticized, but I think it's just refreshing to see a figure like 1.5 percent that's not a reference to Newt Gingrich's support in the polls.
* Another member of an airline flight crew went ballistic nuts, ranting and raving - wait, that was Ted Nugent making his official endorsement of Mitt Romney.
* On Tuesday, Ann Romney celebrated her birthday. She told her husband to "surprise me," so he released some old tax returns.
* Members of the U.S. Secret Service who accompanied President Obama to Colombia are involved in a prostitution scandal. When Democratic strategists said the election may come down to foreign affairs, I had no idea this is what they meant.
* I knew something was up when the Girls Gone Wild bus was spotted at Camp David.
* Mitt Romney used the word "marvelous" to describe the GOP budget plan. Sixty percent of Americans polled said they could not vote for a president who routinely used the word "marvelous."
* Levi Johnston is expecting another child. It could be worse - he could be writing another book.