* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* The national debt has increased again - President Obama sent Michelle roses for Mother's Day.
* Mother's Day spending was up 8 percent this year. That's mainly due to the most popular gift for Mom - a tank of gasoline.
* For Mother's Day, Deb Fischer's sons commissioned a poll to show that their mom is the best.
* Some dollar stores around the country had Mother's Day promotions. This was for people who wanted to show Mom they care, just not enough to spend two bucks.
* On Tuesday, Nebraska holds its primary. To get Omahans interested, it's not just a primary. Now it's a "primary/fish fry."
* The Nebraska Republican Senate primary front-runners are Jon Bruning, Deb Fischer and Don Stenberg. To many, they're better known by their nicknames: "King Conservative," "The Conservative's Conservative" and "Emperor of All Conservatives."
* Not only is Tuesday primary day in Nebraska, but also, NASA may be firming up plans for a future mission to Mars. Of course, the difference between the two is that Mars is easier to get to than an Omaha polling place.
* In New York, a motorcyclist was clocked going 170 mph. Which is completely inexcusable, unless he had just left New Jersey.
* According to an unconfirmed report, Kourtney Kardashian was offered $1 million to get married in Mexico. I'm trying to confirm the offer came from the U.S. State Department.
* According to a new report, Oprah Winfrey's new TV network has lost close to $330 million. It's still proven to be a better investment than the Angels signing Albert Pujols.
* Mitt Romney was spotted at a Celtics playoff game. Being around people the age of the Boston Celtics will prepare Romney to work with the Supreme Court.
* The Los Angeles Clippers won an NBA playoff series. Well played, ancient Mayan calendar writer. Well played.