* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* On Wednesday, the White House announced that on Thursday President Obama will deliver a major economic policy speech. Which only gives the president 12 hours to come up with an economic policy.
* This is interesting: After Obama's economic policy speech, the Republican rebuttal will be delivered by Bill Clinton.
* Mitt Romney gave a speech in Cincinnati. He called for getting tough on crime by getting Cincinnati Bengals off the streets.
* There was a big turnout for Mayor Jim Suttle's 68th birthday party at the Old Mattress Factory. Let's hope this turnout didn't require busing in any homeless.
* Bob Kerrey challenged Deb Fischer to seven debates. Instead, Republicans are offering a compromise - Fischer will debate Kerrey once, and Joe Ricketts will debate Kerrey six times.
* According to a new study, dogs often take on the personalities of their owners. So if your dog spends all day sleeping and passing gas, you may need to work on yourself.
* Extremely heavy rain has been falling in parts of Florida. It's so bad, today someone who knows what they're doing was washed onto a Florida jury.
* ABC is launching a spinoff of "Good Morning America." Because four hours a day just isn't enough time to squeeze in all we need to know about Taylor Swift's outfit at the Billboard Music Awards.
* One of the "Real Housewives of Orange County" is about to become a grandmother. She'll be just like any other grandma, sitting at home in front of the fireplace knitting a divorce petition.
* The Chinese government has begun cracking down on social media to prevents users from posting bad, untrue stuff about other people. I never thought I'd say this in a million years, but: the Chinese government has the right idea.
* A new international terminal has opened at the Atlanta airport. Is this a good idea? I think our best chance of becoming embroiled in another war is to expose people from foreign countries to the Atlanta airport.
* Anderson Cooper became so disgusted with a guest dubbed the "human Barbie" that he booted her off his daytime show. How embarrassing is that, to be kicked off a daytime TV show? Let's face it - that bar is set at about amoeba height.
* In Windsor, Ontario, an alleged thief swallowed a $20,000 diamond. Now police are waiting for him to pass it. Here's one episode of "Cops" we'll never see.
* The TV show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" has been canceled. The good news is, Dog has a new job: defensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints.
* Kobe Bryant and teammate Pau Gasol co-own a racehorse. It's an NBA-themed horse according to jockey Muggsy Bogues.