* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* During the College World Series this year, a Metro bus is running from the Old Market to the stadium and costs a quarter. If you've ever ridden a Metro bus, you know that's grossly overpriced.
* Apparently there's some confusion. There was no Free Bat Day at the stadium on Sunday. Those were the new foot long bratwursts sold at the concession stand.
* On Sunday, the 8 millionth all-time College World Series visitor was honored. You know how generous MECA is when it comes to spending cash. The 8 millionth fan received a coupon good for 20 percent off at the TD Ameritrade concession stand.
* In business news, the vendor who just got 2,000 Stony Brook caps in has applied for assistance from FEMA.
* After Stony Brook's defeat Sunday night, members of the Omaha City Council and the NCAA immediately began huddling in an attempt to make the CWS triple elimination.
* President Obama and his entourage left a Washington, D.C., restaurant without paying the check. This is our first look at the Obama economic policy - "Dine ‘n' Ditch."
* Apparently, Obama was serious about those austerity measures.
* Then the president went back inside and paid the $55.58 check. Which is the most significant thing an elected leader has done all year to rein in the national debt.
* President Obama spent Father's Day in his hometown of Chicago. And Mitt Romney embarked on a bus tour where he planned to visit all six of his home states for Father's Day.
* The Mitt Romney bus tour is heading through Wisconsin and Iowa. At one point the bus got low on oil, so it pulled off the interstate and Romney aides drilled for oil on the spot.
* Romney just appeared on the news show "Face the Nation." Meanwhile, President Obama is mulling over whether to make his next television appearance on "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," "Mommy Switch" or "Wheel of Fortune."
* Some say this U.S. Open course was the toughest PGA course in history. Take hole No. 6, where players had to tee off from quick sand.
* A 14-year-old boy just played in the U.S. Open. It went well, except for when he was caught building a castle in a sand trap.
* Metta World Peace delivered a TV weathercast. I'm trying to confirm this happened after her elbowed Al Roker into submission