* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Due to Wednesday night's rain out, three College World Series games will be played Thursday. This is the busiest that the TD Ameritrade Park area will be until the Red Sky Music Festival, when nine ska bands and 13 country singers perform in one day.
* Contrary to what you might think, Old Market restaurants generally are not busy during the College World Series because fans prefer to tailgate. In an attempt to counter that, someone needs to develop an Old Market restaurant in the shape of the back of a pickup.
* Security is extremely tight at hotels where College World Series teams are staying. That's mostly to keep Florida State players from taking the towels.
* Surprisingly, LSU did not make it to the CWS. Which means downtown Omaha restaurants are stuck with 15 tons of unordered crawfish.
* Election results in Egypt have been delayed. Egypt is answering to a new nickname: "Florida of the East."
* A spacecraft from China just docked with an orbiting laboratory deep in space. Because it's a Chinese spacecraft, it went all the way there on two gallons of fuel.
* Mitt Romney just wrapped up a five-state bus tour. He's already created 30,000 jobs - all for bus drivers.
* It's easy to spot Romney. He's the guy in the Mercedes bus with the gun rack.
* At the G20 summit, President Obama gave the other leaders economic advice. This is a little like OctoMom delivering a speech to Planned Parenthood.
* Burger King has introduced a new bacon sundae. Americans have a lot of questions about the product, with the No. 1 question being, "Can I get that with cheese?"
* A headline read: "Burger King rolls out bacon sundae." Which is appropriate because if you eat a lot of ‘em, they'll be rolling you out of Burger King.
* The new movie "That's My Boy" stars Adam Sandler, Vanilla Ice and Jets' coach Rex Ryan. Sad thing is, this means Sandler is the third-best actor in the film.
* Miley Cyrus' brother has a new tattoo on his scalp. After the story broke, the playoffs were briefly suspended to give every NBA player a chance to go, "The scalp? Niiiiiice."
* A man in Ohio drove his car through the entrance of a Taco Bell because his order was one taco short. Police said it's possible he may have overreacted. Do ya think?
* In Brooklyn, N.Y., a high school principal banned the playing of "God Bless America" at high school commencement but allowed a Justin Bieber song. Instead of testing graduating seniors for proficiency, maybe we need to test the principal for signs of brain activity.
* At a concert in Istanbul, Madonna flashed her breast. Everyone was having a good laugh until someone realized in Istanbul this is punishable by 800 years in prison.
* New York Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey threw two one-hitters in a row, and in his last six starts has struck out 63 and given up five walks. If you were wondering, "R.A." stands for "Ridiculously Accurate."