* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* A new movie opened Friday: "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." It's great to have these types of educational films where kids can learn that not only was Lincoln our 16th president, but he was also a slaughterer of vampires.
* There are already plans for a sequel: "Thomas Jefferson: Ghost Buster."
* On Saturday, tryouts for the new Omaha Lingerie Football League team will be held. A word of caution. If these try outs outdraw the College World Series championship game and the U.S. Olympic Swim Trials, it will not reflect well on Omaha.
* After a cattle truck overturned on the Kennedy Freeway, cowboys on horseback galloped down the freeway trying to lasso the cows. Wonderful. The Chamber of Commerce goes all out to convince visitors in town for the CWS and Olympic Swim Trials that Omaha is a cosmopolitan city deserving of hosting important world events, and then this happens.
* On Thursday, Mitt Romney visited Disney World. Republican leaders normally don't like Disney World because it has Tomorrowland and they'd prefer an attraction called Yesterdayland.
* At Disney World, Romney attended a $1,000 per plate dinner. It wasn't a fundraiser; that's just how much it costs to eat at Disney World.
* The good news is, at Disney World Romney found the perfect vice president - Goofy.
* President Obama was just heckled during a Rose Garden speech by someone who objects to his major policies. Bill Clinton immediately apologized and said he has no idea what came over him.
* Rick Santorum said that he trusts Mitt Romney more than he trusts President Obama. One more such statement and Santorum becomes the all-time leader in tepid, lukewarm, half-baked endorsements.
* Four years after Obama Girl sang about her love for Barack Obama, now “Obama Boy” is singing about his crush on Obama. This may be the one that finally makes Michele Bachmann's head explode.
* A pair of lungs was found on the sidewalk in Los Angeles. This is when you know air quality in L.A. is bad, when your lungs say, “OK, that's it, I'm outta here.”
* Burger King has introduced a new menu item, the bacon sundae. Instead of getting the bacon sundae, I'm going to wait for the inevitable day when Burger King introduces the lard shake.
* A “Jersey Shore” star named Deena Cortese was arrested for disorderly conduct after leaving a Mexican restaurant, walking onto a highway and disrupting traffic by dancing. I'm going to go out on a limb and a guess that alcohol may have been a factor.
* Oklahoma City Thunder player James Harden suffered a sprained left hand. He won't need it - it's his shaving hand.
* Charlie Sheen is going to join the Fox broadcast team for a major league baseball game this weekend. Which got me to thinking that it's a good thing there's no mandatory drug testing for analysts.
* Ironically, Charlie Sheen is less scattered in thought that most Fox Sports pregame show hosts.