* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* The Fourth of July travel period officially begins when the Nebraska Department of Roads throws out the first 1,000 orange traffic cones.
* Regarding the health care ruling, Donald Trump said Justice Roberts should be "ashamed." And when a guy with Trump's hair, who has a show on NBC and who was involved in an eight-year feud with Rosie O'Donnell says you should be ashamed, that's pretty bad.
* A candidate who entered the presidential race in Mexico late is now refusing to concede even though he lost. Newt Gingrich has gone too far this time.
* A UNL grad who was married in Wisconsin had a groom's cake that was a replica of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. It was so authentic, the student section was in the reception hall across the street.
* The cake was 28 inches by 20 inches and half a foot high. So while it looked like Memorial Stadium, it had the exact same dimensions as Werner Park.
* There was a move to impeach U.S. Supreme Court justices who voted the wrong way on health care. Then Iowa voters were informed they didn't have that power.
* I'm just glad the U.S. Supreme Court didn't announce the health care decision on Friday. We still wouldn't know what that decision is since every member of the media would've run out the door after hearing TomKat was over.
* Reportedly the Romney campaign is using YouTube to vet potential vice presidential candidates. If it's left up to YouTube viewers, Romney's running mate will be a funny cat from a swing state.
* A man in Washington, D.C., upset by a fee at the Department Of Motor Vehicles, handcuffed himself to the DMV. Right now a nation of people fed up with DMV fees is asking: "Did it work?"
* The man got so frustrated at the DMV office that he handcuffed himself to a clerk's window. I can almost relate to how this could happen, and I'm talking to you, DMV branch at 108th and Maple Streets.
* A black bear spotted at a New Jersey office complex was shot with a tranquilizer gun. He was still more alert than any of the office workers on a Monday morning.
* The Los Angeles Clippers traded for Lamar Odom, who said he's looking forward to giving the team 60 percent effort every other night.
* Jose Manuel Lara was disqualified from the BMW Open in Cologne, Germany, after his caddie tried to hide an extra club in the rough. This is believed to be the first PGA caddie to formulate a strategy while watching a "Caddyshack" rerun.