* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* Saturday night at the Red Sky Music Festival, Def Leppard, Poison, and Lita Ford perform in concert. If you don't have tickets, just open your window, and if you live north of the equator you'll hear it.
* The Red Sky Festival is great. It's a chance for Omahans to see country performers that haven't been to town for six or seven weeks.
* Commuters were urged to avoid 60th and Center Streets Friday morning due to a water main break. Avoid it? With this drought, Omahans were rushing to the area carrying potted plants.
* President Obama and Joe Biden are part of the Olympic effort. While Obama was addressing the Team USA men's basketball team, Biden was giving a pep talk to our field hockey alternates.
* When President Obama walked into the Team USA-Brazil basketball game, “Born in the USA” played over the PA system. Because it was Obama, actually it was “Born in the USA?”
* President Obama was accompanied to the Team USA-Brazil basketball game by a former aide named Reggie Love. Reggie Love? Doesn't that sound like a fake name Bill Clinton would've checked into a hotel under?
* Initially, President Obama and Michelle were booed at the game. It was reported the booing started over the kiss cam. Not true. The booing was started by the basketball players when they realized that Michelle works out more than they do.
* Mitt Romney said his campaign team is like family. By saying they're like family, Romney thinks now he can deduct them all on his tax returns.
* Ann Romney said her husband is eyeing a woman for vice president. And Hillary Clinton said her husband is eyeing a woman.
* The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is coming to Omaha this weekend. So what if the Obama and Romney bus tours missed Omaha? We have something better - a giant hot dog on wheels.
* To give you an idea of how bad the child obesity epidemic is, the Wienermobile now has bite marks.
* The 2013 Ford Escape has been recalled twice in the past week for two separate issues. That's when you question your choice of new vehicle - you're driving home from the dealership after a recall repair and you have to make a U-turn and go back for a second recall repair.
* A 12-year-old Council Bluffs girl took her mom's minivan for a joyride. Bystanders got suspicious when they noticed one vehicle in Council Bluffs that wasn't tailgating. “Is that a licensed driver?”
* WWE: Smackdown is Sunday night at the CenturyLink Center. In a promotion I saw one wrestler talking about how his opponent is stupid, his opponent is lazy - wait, my mistake. That was the latest Super PAC commercial in the Nebraska Senate race.