* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
* There was just a 2.7 magnitude earthquake in west-central Nebraska. You take the heat this summer combined with the earthquake, and this basically makes the state one huge box of “Shake ‘n Bake.”
* In the past few days, Nebraska has experienced an earthquake and some light rain. After reading that sentence, many Nebraskans are going, “Rain? Rain? That's amazing! It rained, Mary.”
* Parts of Bellevue were without power early Tuesday evening. The people reacted by saying, “Thank goodness – we don't have to watch Olympic beach volleyball.”
* That was quite a rain Omaha got Tuesday night. Now, we just need another 8 million storms like that and the drought will be over.
* On Monday, President Obama arrives in Council Bluffs for a visit. He's coming to take credit for the .000001 of an inch of rain we got Tuesday night.
* While a British Olympic gymnast competed on pommel horse, Duchess Kate Middleton nervously peaked through the hands covering her face. It's the same way the royals used to react when Sarah Ferguson showed up for state dinners.
* Seven Cameroon athletes have disappeared from the Olympic athletes' village. Based on NBC's Olympics coverage, every athlete who's not a diver, a gymnast or a sand volleyball player has also disappeared.
* Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings are retiring from beach volleyball competition. Which means NBC will have to fill 27 hours of air time at the next Olympics with sports that viewers have heard of.
* This just in – President Obama and Mitt Romney announced intentions of taking up beach volleyball in hopes of getting as much air time as Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh.
* Supposedly, the U.S. Congress and the U.S. Postal Service are feuding. This reminds me of that “Three Stooges” episode where Curly and Moe got into a fight.
* A Mitt Romney rally was just held in West Des Moines. Of all the Mitt Romney rallies in Iowa, I think this was one of the 300 best.
* Romney has held his last campaign event in Iowa. Leaving West Des Moines, he had an epiphany and realized it'd be cheaper to just buy the state.
* An Oregon dairy farmer has installed water beds for his cows, because they allow less bacteria. Now he's thinking of also putting in Magic Fingers and TVs that run on quarters, so the cows can have the entire Motel 6 experience.
* Octomom said thanks to her work as a stripper and in a porn movie, she's now off the welfare rolls. Let this be an inspiration to all those facing hard – oh, nevermind.
* NBC Olympic soccer analyst Brandi Chastain is best known for ripping her shirt off on live TV. I hope that hearing an analyst once did this doesn't give Tony Siragusa any ideas.
* Kris Humphries has signed a contract with the Brooklyn Nets that calls for him to be paid $24 million over two years. It's virtually the same deal he got to marry Kim Kardashian.