* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* President Obama has had dinner with several contest winners. I'm trying to confirm that the contest was called “Write My Economic Plan.”
* Because they were contest winners, Obama only charged them $5,000 per plate.
* A British adventurer is swimming the Missouri River from Chamberlain, S.D., to St. Louis. With the conditions of the Missouri highway system, this is actually easier than driving.
* A Bennington man named Mark Davies won a $2 million lottery. Actually, the name of the town where he lives is now Davieston.
* Ann Curry recently reunited with Matt Lauer on the “Today Show.” If you'd like to watch the reunion, type “awkward” into a Google search.
* At the Nebraska State Fair, an attempt will be made to set a record for the world's longest tractor parade, with 800 tractors. It'll look like the parking lot before a Texas Tech home football game.
* Eight hundred tractors driving down the street. Or, as that's called in northeast Kansas, “rush hour.”
* The U.S. Olympic basketball team has disbanded and all the players reported to their new team, the L.A. Lakers.
* The next Summer Olympics are in Rio, where beach volleyball players are considered overdressed.
* On his TV show on the Golf Channel, David Feherty let John Daly hit a golf ball from a tee in Feherty's mouth. I'd like to see him try that on New Year's Eve.
* Joe Biden compared Republicans to squealing pigs. The scary thing is, this is the least inflammatory thing Biden has said in the past six weeks.
* In lieu of a keynote speaker at the GOP convention, they're just going to have Biden take the stage for an hour.