* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* Jay Z and Beyonce are throwing a ritzy bash that will cost friends of Obama $40,000 to get in to. An observation: If Obama charges you $40,000 to attend his party, you are not a real friend.
* Mitt Romney is philosophical about his recent drop in the polls. He said "The polls could be worse – I could be the Arkansas football team."
* Wisconsin fired its new offensive line coach two weeks after the season began. Even Omaha police chiefs last three weeks.
* The EPA is investigating because Southern California is engulfed by a “rotten egg smell” that began over the weekend. I think that was the Nebraska defense.
* On Tuesday, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg addressed Wall Street. Because it was a very important event, Zuckerberg donned his clean T-shirt, his nicest pair of white socks and brand new high-tops.
* Mark Zuckerberg said the performance of Facebook stock so far has been disappointing. That's a little like saying that the last flight of the Hindenburg "could have been better."
* According to a survey, the Tooth Fairy is leaving kids an average of $3 under their pillow, up 15 percent from last year. This is pretty much all President Obama has when he points to evidence of an improving economy.
* Breaking news: The Omaha City Council announced plans to roll back all the raises doled out by the Tooth Fairy.
* After learning the Tooth Fairy is now handing out $3, Paul Ryan shouted, “These entitlements are out of control!”
* Omaha city finance director Pam Spaccarotella is leaving her job Nov. 1. It's a shame, because I finally learned to spell “Spaccarotella” yesterday.
* Superman is now in a relationship with Wonder Woman. After hearing this, Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen accused DC Comics of ripping off their idea.
* Rapper Snoop Dogg was fined for possession of marijuana in Norway. Finally, a country has a stimulus plan to boost its economy – fine Snoop Dogg for marijuana.
* Russell Wilson has been named starting quarterback for the Seahawks. Sure, playing in front of inebriated students at Wisconsin was the perfect preparation for NFL crowds.
* Actress Amanda Bynes has been involved in five car accidents in the past six months. And she's still considered a better bet to win a major NASCAR race than Danica Patrick.