* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* People are still talking about the 64th Emmy Awards. The show "Mad Men" went 0 for 17 on Sunday. After hearing this, a team of replacement NFL referees said: "You too?"
* Omaha's official anti-graffiti van was targeted by graffiti artists. To give you an idea how big of a problem graffiti is in town, it was going 40 mph at the time.
* The anti-graffiti van was marked with graffiti. If anyone ever tries to tell you we don't have a graffiti problem in Omaha, here's exhibit A in your rebuttal.
* The "Dancing with the Stars" all-star contest is under way. At the end of the competition, the trophy will be awarded to the jock the judges have the biggest crush on. I mean, the dancer who exhibits the most grace and charm.
* There's a rumor that Prince William and Princess Catherine may be expecting a baby. Talk about a lucky kid. I'm not referring to all the wealth and privilege. No, I can sum up why he's lucky in two words: “Uncle Harry.”
* The one-year anniversary of the Occupy movement just passed. To observe it, a big party was held and the next morning everybody refused to leave.
* A species of primate has been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo called the lesula, which is identified by prominent blue buttocks. It is not known why this species remained out of sight for thousands of years, but I'm guessing it has something to do with having prominent blue buttocks.
* I just saw an online article titled: “How A Garbage Disposal Really Works.” Folks, this is why we still need newspapers.
* According to a survey, the company with the happiest employees is Google. Sure, you'd be smiling all day too if your major competitor was Facebook.
* Denver Broncos fans are complaining about pigeons flying overhead pooping on them. I believe this is in retaliation for last year's Broncos game when a Tim Tebow first-quarter pass took out six of the flock.
* The Oregon State football coach promised his team they'd go to In-N-Out Burger if they upset UCLA. Remember when to inspire college football players, the coach would tell them to “Win one for the Gipper”? Now it's: “You get this W and the fries are on me.”
* During the Millard North-Burke football game at Burke, there was a streaker. This is what happens when you let the security guards go to pay the superintendent's retirement bill.