* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* John McCain is embarking on a bus tour of Florida in support of Mitt Romney. Get this: Florida's population is so elderly, McCain is being sent there to win over the youth vote.
* Romney is reportedly losing support among older voters. In an attempt to get older voters back, instead of closing remarks at the debate, Romney is going to show a clip from “Matlock.”
* Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio played Obama during debate preparation. He filled the same role during John McCain's campaign in 2008. That has to be tough for Portman, to realize that on the Republican totem pole he's basically considered the scout team.
* A coin may be flipped to see who goes first at the debate. This is rather awkward: President Obama asked if afterward the coin can be donated to his re-election campaign.
* Paul Ryan is on a two-day “Real Recovery” bus tour of Iowa. Iowans haven't even recovered from Ryan's last bus tour.
* The campaign is getting vicious. President Obama addressed the AARP conference on tape, and Paul Ryan cut the cord on the TV set.
* On “60 Minutes,” Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted he has lots of secrets. Or maybe he said he admired Ryan Seacrest. With his accent it's hard to say.
* A Pennsylvania road crew inadvertently painted a yellow line over a dead raccoon. This is when you have a pretty good idea county workers are going through the motions.
* Carthage High School in Texas unveiled a 10,000 pound jumbotron for the school football field at a cost of $750,000. Because it's Texas, to afford the new jumbotron, the school let the math and science departments go.
* A 95-year-old in Argentina is thought to be the oldest competitive tennis player. He has a slew of trophies. Now really, how much competition is there in his age bracket?
* According to published reports, 40 to 60 percent of last year's Oregon football team smoked marijuana. Officials suspected something was up with the Oregon team when for 11 consecutive weeks, their Friday night movie was “Dude, Where's My Car?”
* There was a 3.4 magnitude earthquake in Texas. The ground was shaking so hard that one of Tony Romo's passes on Monday Night Football sailed into the arms of a guy on his own team.