* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition.
* On Friday there were 65-mph wind gusts in Iowa. It’s so windy that a presidential candidate was briefly blown out of the state.
* On Thursday wind speeds reached 64 mph at Eppley Airfield. The good news is, luggage was being blown onto the correct connecting flight.
* Twenty-three year old Jessica White has been crowned Miss Omaha. In the Miss Nebraska pageant, she will don a costume that represents Omaha: an orange traffic cone tied around her back.
* On Wednesday it was announced that Joe Ricketts was going to get further involved in the Nebraska Senate race on Deb Fischer’s behalf, and on Thursday morning the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge was closed. Man, that Ricketts is powerful.
* Federal safety experts are warning Americans to be on the outlook for phony air bags. I’ve done some research, and a member of the current Congress doesn’t count.
* Thursday was National Earthquake Preparedness Day. Citizens were encouraged to drop, cover and roll. Which is also the standard procedure after seeing the candidates for U.S. Congress we have to pick from in a couple weeks.
* There was a 4.0 magnitude earthquake in New England. It was so scary a New Englander nearly formed an expression.
* Nike has cut ties with Lance Armstrong. This means one of two things. Either company officials believe Armstrong used performance-enhancing drugs and then covered it up. Or he was spotted in a pair of Adidas.
* According to a CNN poll, President Obama won Tuesday night’s debate by seven points. The results of CNN’s poll may be skewed. Whenever someone said they thought Romney won, poll-taker Candy Crowley said, “Are you sure? What about the time Barack...”
* Hulk Hogan has endorsed Mitt Romney. I just hate to see someone from the world of professional wrestling get mixed up in something as fake as the 2012 election.
* People are still talking about how tough President Obama came across at this week’s debate. Probably the highlight occurred at the 60-minute mark when instead of pardoning the White House Thanksgiving turkey, Obama vowed to eat it whole.
* Thursday in Ohio former president Bill Clinton and Bruce Springsteen campaigned together for Obama. This was the most prestigious event of the day. On the other side of the coin was that Joe Biden-Big Bird event.
* In Ohio, Bill Clinton said: “We’re still not well from this horrible thing that happened to us.” It’s unclear if he was referring to the Great Recession or he and Hillary’s wedding day.
* According to a report, Joe Biden may have lied when he said he played football for the University of Delaware. This is what’s meant by balanced government. One candidate for vice president lies about playing football, the other about his marathon time.
* Biden may have played for the Delaware freshman team, but there is no record of him suiting up for the varsity. Biden was not that good at football. Instead of tackling the ball carrier, he’d just stand and laugh derisively at him.
* Breaking news: Romney has a six-point lead over Obama, according to the latest Gallup Poll. Or, as the Obama campaign is calling it, the Gulp Poll.
* Candy Crowley went on “The View” to defend her actions during the debate. Remember when our most pressing political questions were not resolved by an argument between Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck?
* In this week’s debate, Romney came off as a bit of a numbers wonk. I noticed that when moderator Candy Crowley asked him how he was feeling and Romney said, “Good, and I’ll give you the five reasons why.”
* I have a proposal for another debate between Joe Biden and Candy Crowley where they interrupt every single one of the other’s statements.
* A French woman received a phone bill for $15 Quadrillion. On the news she seemed shocked. So apparently this was her first experience with Sprint’s roaming fees.
* A U.S. company has designed the first portable stripper pole that attaches to your car bumper for tailgate parties. Who says we trail China in innovation?
* You know your husband had a good time at the game when he pulls into the driveway and there’s a stripper pole on the back of the pick up.
* According to a survey, Wendy’s has the fastest fast food. At the drive through, you just roll down your window and they slingshot it inside.