* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* American Family Insurance canceled the policy of a Douglas County sheriff's deputy because he keeps a police dog in his home. It makes no sense. It could be argued this is now the safest house in North America since it's the last place that'd ever be burglarized.
* On Halloween, 144th Street in Omaha is supposed to reopen. If they're gonna schedule this for any pseudo holiday. April Fools Day may be more appropriate.
* Some New York Yankee fans are livid that their team has been eliminated. C'mon, folks, remember: It's not about who wins or loses, it's how many dates A-Rod gets.
* An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll taken before the last debate showed the presidential race is a dead heat. Polls results were marred by the NBC News rep screaming “Obama!” while the Wall Street Journal rep held him in a headlock while shouting “Romney!”
* The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed the candidates tied at 47 percent. Romney said, “Can't we go with a different number? I don't like the image presented by 47 percent.”
* In Parma, Ohio, Bill Clinton said that our economy is still not fixed. Instead of traveling to swing states for himself, Mitt Romney is just going to sit back and let Clinton campaign for him.
* CNN is refusing to air the third-party presidential candidate debate. What does that do to your self-esteem when a network that airs a three-hour investigative report on the endangered humpbacked Bolivian tree beetle says you're not interesting enough?
* Lindsay Lohan has endorsed Mitt Romney for president. This means Ted Nugent and Hank Williams Jr. will be only the second and third most unstable personalities at the Romney rallies.
* Gene Simmons of the group KISS said that Obama has been a poor president. Which is hard to believe since the KISS lyric “I wanna rock 'n' roll all night and party every day” is the official anthem of the Democratic Party.
* Actually, Romney has been wearing so much makeup at the debates, he's often mistaken for a member of KISS.
* Donald Trump Jr. and his wife just welcomed a baby boy. Since the baby has Donald Trump's genes, he should be talking by the end of the week.
* A New York Yankees official admits Alex Rodriguez was trying to pick up women in the stands during the ACLS. Following A-Rod's lead, a Yankees pitcher wrote his number on a ball and threw it into the stands. With the series the Yankees had, a fan hit the ball for a three-run homer.
* A 16-year-old cheerleader in Texas did a record 35 consecutive back handsprings across a football field. According to one report, she is on the JV cheerleading team. What the heck do you need to do to make varsity?
* If the UFL resumes operations in the spring, MECA may have to choose between the Nighthawks and the College World Series. Wait – in the time it took me to type that sentence, MECA chose the CWS.