* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* The 2012 campaign is officially over. I realized that this morning when Mitt Romney released his tax returns.
* To concede the second congressional district race, John Ewing called Lee Terry. If Terry lost, he planned to concede by robocall.
* On election eve, Bob Kerrey huddled with his cherished loved ones – Deb Fischer's neighbors.
* There's already some exciting news for Nebraskans. Senator-elect Deb Fischer is going to court to try and get Mount Rushmore for us.
* Question: What do President Obama, Deb Fischer, Lee Terry and Mrs. Bob Kerrey have in common Wednesday morning? Answer: All of them are breathing a huge sigh of relief.
* Lee Terry won his eighth term. He's served in Congress so long that he was there for the last accomplishment.
* There are reports of mild looting. But enough about CNN reporters celebrating Obama's victory.
* Of course, Wednesday marks the official beginning of the 2016 presidential campaign.
* In the electoral college, Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney 303-206. Flags outside Fox News are flying at half-mast.
* Late Tuesday night I found myself sitting in a catatonic state, refusing food and drink while I pondered the fact that most incumbent members of the current Congress were re-elected.
* The story about the Des Moines pizza delivery driver who urinated on a customer's door has become national news. This is the worst nightmare for Iowa officials. It's the day of an historic election, and they're in the news for a urinating pizza deliveryman.
* Republicans retained control of the House while Democrats will keep control of the Senate. Right now I feel similar to when I land on the rerun of a TV show that I didn't enjoy the first time around.
* During his final speech Monday night in Des Moines, President Obama teared up. It's unclear if he was emotional due to the end of a hard-fought campaign or if the teleprompter broke.
* New Hampshire was the first state to begin voting at midnight Monday. After learning this, Iowa vowed to open its polls at 11:59:59 next time.
* On Election Night, CNN announced results by lighting up the Empire State Building – red for a Republican's numbers, blue for a Democrat's. That's pretty sad. We're holding an historic election and CNN has to resort to gimmicks so Americans don't watch “Billy the Exterminator.”
* During the last week of the campaign, John McCain slammed Obama's “failed leadership” in foreign affairs. McCain made history as the first major party nominee to begin campaigning four years late.
* The NBA is going to start fining players who flop. It is uncertain if this is to speed up the game or is an ingenious congressional plan to pay down $2 trillion of the national debt.
* The NBA is also cracking down on pregame player rituals. There go the Miami Heat's plans to have Chris Bosh skydive from a balloon 24 miles in space.