* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Omaha police busted an alleged marijuana growing ring in northwest Omaha. The police were alerted by the excessively high electric bills. It's getting harder and harder to tell if someone is growing marijuana or if OPPD just enacted another rate increase.
* On "Dancing with the Stars" Tuesday night, speed skater Apolo Ohno and football player Emmitt Smith were voted off. You know what you call it when "Dancing with the Stars" votes off two star athletes at once? "Blasphemy."
* Omaha police busted a huge marijuana growing operation in northwest Omaha involving 420 marijuana plants. That's insane. Where do these people think they are, Colorado?
* The growers allegedly had 420 marijuana plants. It's just as well they may be going to jail. They said they don't want to live in a world without Twinkies.
* The CEO of the Waffle House restaurant chain has become embroiled in a sex scandal and could be forced out. If so, this would be the first country that has higher standards for Waffle House than the White House.
* President Obama has completed a visit to three southeast Asian countries in two days. Great. This means the fiscal cliff is being negotiated between a bunch of Republicans still ticked off over the election and a guy with severe jet lag.
* President Obama visited Myanmar for six hours. The people were feeling slighted until an Obama aide explained that's six hours longer than Obama spent in Nebraska during the campaign.
* President Obama visited Myanmar for six hours and gave a speech at University of Yangon, where he congratulated Yangon on receiving an invitation to join the Big Ten.
* Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have reportedly broken up. Apparently they wanted to be free to annoy other people.
* Maryland and Rutgers are joining the Big Ten. This is in keeping with the Big Ten's goal of continuing to expand until it can find a team that Iowa can move the ball on.
* I wouldn't say Iowa is having a down year in football, but Ashton Kutcher is trying to sell his tickets for Friday's game.
* The Big Ten now has 14 members. The way this thing is expanding, it's starting to feel like the list of states trying to secede from the union.
* The addition of Maryland will give the Big Ten exposure in Washington, D.C. Democrats in Congress will be impressed by the Wisconsin student section – it'll be the first time they've seen anyone who drinks more than them.