* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition.
* Warren Buffett said he thinks Hillary Clinton would make a good president in 2016. If you question Buffett's long-term outlook, I might remind you that if you had invested a nickel with Buffett in 1964, it would be worth something like $8.9 million today.
* A Georgia GOP official invited Allen West, who lost his bid for reelection in Florida, to come to Georgia and run for something. Isn't politics shady enough without introducing free agency?
* It doesn't stop there. Bob Kerrey called Georgia to see if there are any openings for him.
* Kim Kardashian accepted the invitation of a U.S. marine she's never met to attend a marine ball. Not only that, but if she has enough time after the ball, Kardashian will marry the marine.
* Some say the Lindsay Lohan Lifetime movie about Elizabeth Taylor was miscast. I don't know about that, but I do feel that Gallagher was all wrong to play Richard Burton.
* Neurophysicists have declared a 66-year-old guy to be the happiest man in the world. There are few details about his identity. I am going to go out on a limb and say he is not a professional sports fan in Kansas City.
* A huge on-field brawl broke out during the Cincinnati Bengals-Oakland Raiders game on Sunday. Because it involved players from the Bengals and Raiders, technically this was considered a prison riot.
* The Nebraska-Iowa game was on ABC. It's all about ratings these days. I found it insulting that whenever Iowa was on offense, ABC cut to a rerun of “Grey's Anatomy.”
* Iowa football fans sit so close to the field that after Nebraska jumped offside in the second quarter of Friday's game, a fan reached into the referee's pocket and threw the flag.
* Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel was honored before the Buckeyes game with Michigan. The goal: get through the entire ceremony without committing one NCAA rules violation.
* The Miami Dolphins-Seattle Seahawks game Sunday was delayed in the third quarter after the sprinklers came on. There's no truth to the rumor that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito then tried to drown his man.
* President Obama celebrated Small Business Saturday by visiting several small businesses. Unfortunately, this included a stop at General Motors headquarters.
* Cyber Monday stats are beginning to roll in. The most-sold item thus far: endangered Hostess Twinkies.