* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* The holidays are upon us. Omaha city officials are decorating their offices. Lincoln city officials are decorating their offices. Former Gretna city officials are decorating their jail cells.
* Only three weeks before Christmas, a survey reveals that Americans are largely unprepared. Sure, that's because we're too busy preparing for the big zombie invasion.
* What a bizarre world it is when the Red Sky Music Festival goes away because crowds are smaller than the ones that turn out to see Rod Kush's house burn down.
* The Rod Kush house burning was sort of like a Creighton home baseball game, only with more people in attendance.
* Kate Middleton is pregnant. There's no word on names for the baby, but if it's a boy we can probably rule out “Skip” and “Gordo.”
* Likewise, if the baby is girl, she will not be “Trixie” or “Boopsie.”
* Tuesday night. congressional leaders lit the Capitol Christmas tree. A Democrat and a Republican got into a bare-knuckle brawl over who got to place the star atop the tree.
* Republicans may get rid of the Iowa straw poll. Sure, let's face it: The Iowa Straw Poll is to the nominating process what the groundhog is to weathercasting.
* Monday night, President George W. Bush gave a speech touting new economic ideas. Was MC Hammer unavailable?
* If you're keeping track, it was almost four weeks to the day that Republicans finally let Bush out of the cellar following the election.
* To put in perspective how slow things are moving in Washington, here's a sampling of today's dialogue. President Obama to the GOP:”It's your move on the fiscal cliff.” GOP to Obama: “Fiscal what?”
* Sarah Palin apologized for calling some Republicans “wusses.” In a sign of the acrimonious times we live in, she said she meant to say “pansies.”
* When it comes to fiscal-cliff negotiations, President Obama is under pressure not to cut food stamps. Sure, if his tax on the wealthy goes through, they're going to need those food stamps.
* It's starting to look a lot like Christmas. There's a nip in the air, the first decorations are going up, the BCS is in complete chaos.
* Wisconsin football coach Bret Bielema announced he's going to accept the job at Arkansas. I guess the thought of Arkansas someday putting up 70 points on Alabama was too much for administrators to resist.
* Outgoing Arkansas coach John L. Smith had some advice for Bielema: “Don't unpack.”
* The Big Ten is expanding to include Maryland and Rutgers. My concern: What does this do to Missouri's self-esteem, to find out it's less desirable to the Big Ten than Rutgers?