* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Sen. Mike Johanns announced he will not run for re-election. There goes the reputed cure for insomnia.
* Gas prices have risen for 32 straight days. If it keeps up, at this rate in 10 years premium will be $20,000 per gallon.
* On a weekend getaway in Florida, President Obama took a golf lesson that lasted eight hours. Joe Biden was livid when he realized Obama has spent only six hours with him the past four years.
* In Palm City, Fla., President Obama and Tiger Woods played 18 holes of golf together, then Woods went home while Obama played another nine holes. It's a sad day when Obama is more committed to improving his game than Tiger.
* The huge meteor explosion over Russia was an event that is literally impossible to predict. Sort of like rain in Nebraska.
* An ocean swim endurance record has been broken – 27 hours straight in the water. It was set by a CNN reporter chasing after the Carnival Cruise ship Triumph.
* CNN is accused of over-coverage of the damaged Carnival Cruise ship Triumph. There may be something to that. When the ship finally arrived in port, Wolf Blitzer was steering.
* You can see CNN's imprint all over this Carnival incident. The low point was when the network blamed the whole thing on John Boehner.
* The Chuck Hagel vote was delayed, filibustered, derided and mocked. The only way this vote could have gone any worse is if the BCS was in charge.
* After leaving her job as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has just launched a new, glitzy website. This means one of two things: Either she's running for president in 2016, or sitting around trying to make small talk with Bill was good for about a week.
* Iran recently launched a monkey into space. I think it tends to hurt your reputation in the world community when your space capsule has bars for the astronaut to swing from.
* While he was visiting Egypt, someone threw a shoe at Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. An “expert commentator” stated that in the Middle East this is considered an insult. This is why we need experts on cable news channels – I was under the impression hurling a shoe was a compliment.
* Dick Morris' contract will not be renewed by Fox News. I'm told this has nothing to do with Morris incorrectly calling the 2012 presidential election for Walter Mondale.
* Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre just made their first joint appearance in ages. I cannot confirm that after Rodgers was accidentally tripped by Favre that Favre called Packers management to inquire if they need a quarterback for next season.
* The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday was a friendly, lighthearted sporting events ... unless you're Kobe Bryant, in which case it was “Fight To The Death 15.”