* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* The third annual Snow Soap Box Derby was just held at the Mt. Crescent Ski Area. It's where competitors slide down snowy hills at high speeds. In Omaha, we call that navigating the side streets.
* Raul Castro has been re-elected president of Cuba with I'm guessing 99 percent of the vote. Dick Morris predicted Castro would lose.
* Castro is promising to be more progressive and has pledged to lead Cuba into the 18th century.
* There is new YouTube footage of a two-faced camel. That means we've heard the last of the sequester cuts in the national media.
* The Boat Sports and Travel Show just ended in Omaha. Actually, it was just the Sports and Travel Show – police in downtown Omaha towed all the boats.
* President Obama's new official portrait was just unveiled. In a sign of the times, by the next morning Republicans had drawn in a fake mustache and devil horns.
* Michelle Obama's official portrait also has been unveiled. It was a nightmare for the photographer. During the two-hour photo shoot, she changed her hairstyle seven times.
* Vice President Joe Biden's official portrait is nearing completion. Biden posed for the photographer during work hours. When it's finished of course they'll air brush out the pooper scooper in Biden's hand.
* On Saturday, Republican Mike Huckabee visited Iowa. The way things work in Iowa, he was there for the 2016 Iowa presidential straw poll.
* Iran claims to have captured another enemy spy drone. Why would we be spying on Iran, to capture the secret of its monkey-in-space program?
* It turns out the "enemy spy drone” Iran supposedly captured was actually the off-course spy drone Bill Belichick employed at the NFL Combine.
* Canada is getting rid of its penny, and now there's a push for the U.S. to emulate the move. Let's hope that doesn't catch on. If we emulate Canada, soon we'll be a nation obsessed with ice hockey where people spend their free time scouring the woods for Sasquatch.
* There is a big BMW recall. As if 2013 hasn't been frustrating enough for Creighton basketball fans.
* Kobe Bryant predicted the Lakers would make the NBA playoffs. I haven't felt this uncomfortable with a prediction since the groundhog called for an early spring.
* Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones motored to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis in his new $2 million bus to check out his likely future $2 million bust.