Authorities on Wednesday formally identified the two people who died in a Bellevue mobile home fire.
Sandra L. Nielsen, 66, and her 8-year-old grandson, Devin Nielsen, died in the Feb. 23 fire at 2902 Hancock Road. They were identified earlier by family members and friends.
The cause of death was smoke inhalation.
DNA testing positively identified their remains, said Lt. Chris Culler of the Sarpy County Sheriff's Office.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, Culler said. The area of the fire's origin was determined to be near a space heater in the living room. — Kevin Cole