* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* This is too much. Now there are plans for Michelle Obama to announce the name of the new pope via satellite.
* Regarding Paul Ryan's budget, the White House said, "The math doesn't add up." And when an entity that was off by something like $3 trillion in calculating the national debt says your math is off, it's pretty bad.
* The 2013 Iditarod is over. Competitors traveled 1,000 miles of icy, snow-packed terrain on a tiny sled pulled by dogs. The winner said he was just glad he didn't have to drive on Omaha side streets this week.
* The Iditarod is almost as grueling as trying to navigate the 144th and Blond roadwork.
* Judge Judy is being sued. If there's such a thing as karma in this world, she'll get a rude judge who constantly interrupts her.
* ‘American Idol’ has introduced a new thing called ‘super vote’ in which people can cast 50 votes at once. It’s based on Chicago mayoral elections.
* On Monday night, ‘The Bachelor’ popped the question. I’m assuming that question was, “Why is anyone still watching this dreck?”
* The current ‘Bachelor,’ Sean Lowe, will compete on the new season of ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ But, but -- I thought he was busy planning his wedding?
* Sony is developing a new smartphone that can survive after being submerged inside a toilet for 30 minutes. If it takes you 30 minutes to figure out how to retrieve your smartphone from a toilet, you don’t deserve to have one.
* In eastern Europe, there is a Museum of Medieval Torture Instruments. So if you’re looking for a fun spring break getaway...
* A brawl broke out at a New Hampshire senior center during a bingo game. This is when you know we’re becoming an angry nation -- an 85-year-old has a 90-year-old in a headlock screaming, “You used two free spaces!”
* On the heels of Sen. Rand Paul’s filibuster, another leader went off on a 13-hour tirade. But enough about Bo Pelini's assessment of the Husker defense.
* Minnesota Twins’ catcher Joe Mauer and his wife are expecting twins. You have to admire a player who goes to that effort just for his team’s promotional department.
* Randy Moss is looking for a new NFL team. He said he’s prepared to give his new team 100 percent -- 50 percent in the fourth quarter.