* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* If you haven't heard, the name of our fair city has been changed. It is now officially known as Taylor Swift's Omaha.
* On Thursday night in Omaha, there is a mayor's debate and a Taylor Swift concert. Here's how to tell the two events apart: there will be more people on-stage for the mayoral debate than in the audience for Swift's concert.
* On Wednesday night, Taylor Swift kicks off her 'Red' tour in Omaha. The opening act is a young comedian named Harvey Perlman.
* Let me give Taylor a quick tip: for two nights only, call it the 'Go Big Red' tour.
* The rover Curiosity has found the “essential elements” on Mars for supporting life. If you're a typical American, you think that means coffee, beer and a big screen television.
* A list of President Obama's top donors has been released. But there was already a list of Obama's top donors -- it's called the Beverly Hills phone book.
* Paul Ryan just had lunch at the White House, where he called for an end to a program that provides unnecessary entitlements to undeserving Americans. He was talking about the White House Easter egg roll.
* The Sultan of Brunei, who some have claimed has a harem, visited the White House. A man with a harem in the White House, it felt like Bill Clinton was back.
* Yesterday, President Obama and Joe Biden met with the Sultan of Brunei. Biden told the sultan it was the first time he's ever met anyone almost as wealthy as John Kerry's wife.
* These sequester cuts are brutal. On Tuesday, President Obama traveled to Capitol Hill to meet with Democratic senators. He took the bus.
* A judge tossed New York City's ban on large sugary drinks. I believe he did this when contemplating the severe incongruity of a nation where you can legally smoke marijuana in Colorado yet in New York do time for possession of a Big Gulp.
* Mountain Dew has unveiled a new 'breakfast soda.' A group of people in the Taco John's drive-through at 7 a.m. said, “Ew!”