* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* At the Lancers' game Wednesday night, there was a huge brawl in front of a packed house of rowdies -- wait, my mistake, that was the Omaha mayoral forum at Anthony's Steakhouse.
* It actually wasn't a forum. It was more of a "mayoral scrum."
* The crowd was frequently shouting responses at the people onstage. It's one thing that Brad Ashford looks like Jerry Springer, but now the crowds at the forums are just like Jerry Springer audiences.
* On Thursday, Twitter turns 7. To celebrate, the founder of Twitter tweeted the first halfway-useful piece of information.
* The annual Rotten Sneakers Contest is being held in Montpelier, Vt. It's sort of like the CBI, only with more media attention.
* On his Middle East trip, President Obama is scheduled to meet with the King of Jordan. This is bound to create confusion. When CNN references 'the King,' we won't know if it's a referral to the guy from Jordan or Obama.
* Paris Hilton posed for photographers on a ski slope while her bleeding boyfriend, who would need 19 stitches, was taken away by stretcher in the background. Last year, I said, “I never want to see another photo of Paris Hilton for the rest of my life.” OK, I'm taking a mulligan on that.
* The Spice Girls kicked off a new tour of Australia. There's “Haven't We Seen This Already Spice,” “Greedy Spice,” “Are You Sick of Us Yet Spice...”
* Taylor Martinez's brother Drake is coming to Nebraska. He's hoping to become the best collegiate football player ever whose name sounds like a “General Hospital” heartthrob.
* The Rose and Sugar Bowls could be semifinal contests in the 2015 college football playoff. A doctor with smelling salts was standing by when Rose Bowl officials were informed they're now basically a play-in game.
* Liberty, 15-20, made the NCAA men's basketball tournament field, only to lose their play-in game. If 15-20 teams are in the NCAA Tourney, who's gonna play for the CBI title - two 5-20 teams?
* ESPN analyst Jay Bilas said the NCAA Selection Committee has a bias for small schools. Speaking of which, I'd like to wish Northeast Massachusetts Dental College good luck in that Eastern Regional.
* Bernard Hopkins won the IBF World Light Heavyweight title to become the oldest boxing champion ever. He's getting up there. In his robe Hopkins was mistaken for a Supreme Court justice.
* Hopkins is the first world title-holder to wear his championship belt at chest height.