* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Wednesday night's Omaha mayoral forum at Anthony's Steakhouse got a little rowdy. Halfway through, Dave Nabity came flying through a window.
* I wouldn't say the candidates fought a lot and the crowd was rowdy, but this was the first mayoral forum promoted by Vince McMahon.
* You combine the rowdy forum with the Jean Stothert mailings, and this is now the “When All Hell Broke Lose” campaign.
* The whole thing was weird. The forum was sponsored by KFAB, so every 2 minutes, debate was halted for a traffic report.
* Starting July 1, the Nebraska Public Service Commission will lower the monthly phone bill surcharge by one cent. When Gov. Dave Heineman promised to improve the economic situations of Nebraskans, he wasn't kidding.
* You know you haven't saved enough when you're counting on the one-cent reduction to help with your retirement planning.
* One cent may not sound like much. But if you invest that in a long-term CD paying .00001 percent interest, in 10 years, it'll be worth something like 1.8 cents.
* Ethan Wragge was named to the “March Hotness” list by Cosmopolitan magazine. This is the best thing that could possibly happen to Creighton going into the tournament. It means Grant Gibbs, Doug McDermott and Gregory Echenique will be playing angry.
* In his bracket, President Obama picked Cincinnati to beat Creighton. Mr. President, the election is over. You no longer have to worry about carrying Ohio.
* So Obama picked Cincinnati to beat Creighton. OK, Nebraskans will forgive Obama for not visiting the state in ages. But not this.
* On a lot of websites, President Obama's NCAA Tournament bracket is receiving more attention than his trip to the Middle East. When you look at media today, let's file it under the "This surprises nobody" category.
* President Obama's NCAA Tournament bracket was released on Wednesday. And, on Friday, Mitt Romney releases his CBI picks.
* President Obama is on a goodwill journey to the Middle East. What that means is getting Obama out of the country can only improve the odds of finding a trace of goodwill between Democrats and Republicans.
* Obama is joined on his Middle East trip by Secretary of State John Kerry. Obviously this is to avoid the inevitable comparisons between Kerry and the giant heads fans hold up at the NCAA basketball Tournament.
* President Obama was presented with a gift by Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- a 2,000 year old stone containing a microchip. That sounds like something Microsoft would introduce to compete with the iPhone.
* Netanyahu presented Obama with a 2,000-year-old stone. Due to the massive U.S. sequester cuts and budget issues, that afternoon a 2,000-year-old stone went up for sale on eBay from an anonymous seller.
* Middle East relations are so important, Obama claimed a 2,000-year-old stone with a microchip is what he always wanted.
* Obama is doing research in the Middle East. He's trying to find one country where elections are even uglier than the current Omaha mayoral race.
* President Obama has embarked on his historic trip to the Middle East. The way things are in Washington D.C. the big concern is that while Obama is out of the country Republicans will mount a coup.
* On Tuesday, for the first time, Playboy magazine went on sale in Israel. And the next day, a Democrat arrived. Yeah, that sounds about right.