* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Rep. Lee Terry, co-chair of the Congressional Hockey Caucus, wants to play an NHL exhibition game in Omaha. Call me crazy, but there's something about the Congressional Hockey Caucus meeting while we have thousands of furloughed air traffic controllers that strikes me as wrong.
* Two top middleweight boxers got into a stare-down at the weigh in for their -- wait, my mistake, that was potential 2016 presidential candidates Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton at the opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
* All the living ex-presidents attended the opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Can you picture the opening of the Barack Obama Library someday? Attendees include Joy Behar, Barbara Walters, Carson Daly and Regis Philbin.
* In his latest and 150th appearance on "The Today Show," President Obama said he and Michelle keep their daughters from getting tattoos by saying if the kids get tats, so will mom and dad. It took five years, but I think the Obamas have finally come up with a policy that every American will call ingenious.
* Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner said more true information about his scandal may soon emerge. He didn't say where it will emerge, but if it's true, we can probably rule out CNN.
* Carnival cruise lines has a new offer with cruises going for as low as $38 per night. It's extra if you want plumbing.
* McDonald's is urging its employees to act “cheerier.” So, going forward, McDonald's will resemble a morning television show with tons of saturated fat.
* In Westborough, Mass., a completely naked man pulled up to a Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's. Interestingly, he was still in compliance with the dress codes at both places.
* Actually, we need a law requiring people visiting McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts to be nude. Seeing their reflection naked is the only way to get them to cut down on fast food.
* Pat Benatar is going to headline the Bank of the West concert in Omaha. If she thinks love is a battlefield, wait until she sees the fight for good seating at Memorial Park.
* Virginia Tech sophomore running back Michael Holmes was arrested for allegedly fighting. Getting busted right before the NFL draft begins -- if this guy decides to leave school early, this is one way to become an Oakland Raider.
* Northern Iowa wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield posted a 4.19-second 40-yard-dash time at the University of Minnesota Pro Day, breaking the Pro Day record formerly held by the Roadrunner.
* The Golden State Warriors debuted uniforms with sleeves earlier this season. Something is wrong in the world when an NBA team wears more clothes than our First Lady.
* There was an extremely rare sighting of two lynx in Colorado. With all the sweeping changes for the Colorado football program, I believe the lynx were auditioning to replace Ralphie.