* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Welcome to Omaha -- perhaps the only city where windshield wipers and defroster make excellent May Day basket stuffers.
* Because of the wet, heavy precipitation, a National Weather Service spokesman said, "It's just barely snow." That's appropriate, because Omaha barely has a snow-removal plan.
* A remark made by Joe Biden raised eyebrows. There's something you don't hear every day -- oh, wait a second, actually you pretty much do.
* Biden's remark raised the eyebrows of most people in Washington with the exception of Nancy Pelosi, who hasn't been able to raise her eyebrows since 2003.
* A Cincinnati high school girl was asked to leave the senior prom because her gown was too revealing. A prom gown that's too revealing? In this era? Doesn't this pretty much involve streaking?
* The Omaha Beef called Tim Tebow's agent to extend a contract offer of $75 per game. That's when an NFL player begins to question his agent. "Tim, we got an offer." "How much?" "75 bucks a week."
* After the L.A. Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs, Dwight Howard threw the ball in disgust -- oh, wait, that was a free-throw attempt.
* Mark Cuban said he'd possibly draft Brittney Griner. This means either the NBA is ready for its first female player, or, more likely, this is Cuban's 889,000th attempt to generate publicity.
* I think Cuban is just trying to get publicity because he also said he'd be willing to draft Joe Biden and Psy.
* Pittsburgh Penguins player Evgeni Malkin may have missed a game due to sunburn. How frustrating is that for a coach? One guy in Pittsburgh gets a sunburn this spring, and he plays for you.
* The Penguins classified it as an "upper body injury." George Brett's reply: "Too bad these people weren't around when I had hemorrhoids to classify it as 'a lower posterior irritation.'"