* * * * * * * * * *
This is Brad's afternoon edition. Click here for morning jokes from Brad.
* "The Purge" is the No. 1 movie at the box office. Who says Americans have lost their taste for Disney-esque feel-good stories?
* Over the weekend, Beerfest was held in Omaha. It's sort of like the College World Series, only less beer is consumed.
* Over the weekend, President Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping went for a walk in the California desert. I just feel sorry for the Obama aide running alongside them with the teleprompter.
* The former CIA employee who leaked the NSA information is holed up in a hotel in Hong Kong to make it difficult for the U.S. government to get to him. I believe he's sharing a room with that woman who heckled Michelle Obama.
* Sunday night, Cyndi Lauper won a Tony Award. I saw Lauper onstage and assumed I'd landed on "I Love the 80s."
* At the Tony Awards Sunday night, Mike Tyson danced with host Neil Patrick Harris. That sounds like something I'd dream if I ate right before bedtime.
* Jay Cutler and reality star Kristin Cavallari were just married. The bride wore something old – a clipping from the last time Cutler won a big game.
* The website for New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner mistakenly posted the Pittsburgh skyline in the background. In their defense, his webmasters were so busy photoshopping pants onto Weiner that they didn't notice.
* Facebook is touting its appeal to small businesses. The interesting thing is most of 'em were large businesses before they invested in the Facebook IPO.
* J.C. Penney has unveiled its fourth logo in four years. Friday's job figures were respectable due to all the jobs created for J.C. Penney logo designers.
* I wouldn't say J.C. Penney seems a bit desperate, but the new logo is a sales clerk begging a customer to buy something.
* A Massachusetts couple have dressed exactly alike every day for the past 32 years. If you feel nauseated right about now, it's probably not the flu.
* The couple dress alike every single day. I'd rather live next door to a toxic waste dump.
* The field for the college baseball tournament included Bryant, Canisius, Mercer and South Dakota State. I had to double check I wasn't reading Nebraska's nonconference 2016 football schedule.
* In a doubleheader at home last week, the Storm Chasers were shut out twice by Memphis. Now Werner Park officials are asking that runs scored on the Wiffle ball field count for the team's total.
* A Florida assistant football coach who once worked for Nick Saban called Saban “the devil.” The devil is now demanding an apology.