* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* The College World Series is set to begin this weekend. To save the city money in the future, Mayor Jean Stothert commissioned a study to see if it'd be feasible to switch to Wiffle ball.
* A Big Ten team is in the CWS field. I had assumed by the time that happened again, we would have colonized Mars.
* The TD Ameritrade Park lot should be opening any minute so CWS fans can search for parking. Gentlemen and ladies, start your engines.
* North downtown is sometimes known as NoDo. It should be called NoParking.
* During the CWS, you will witness the second-longest lines of the year in Omaha -- right after whenever there's free document shredding in some parking lot.
* Storms are predicted for opening weekend of the College World Series. No surprise there. As Omahans who've lived here for some time will tell you, CWS also stands for City's Weather Sucks.
* The new movie "Bling Ring" opens this weekend. "Bling Ring"? They just left office, and it sounds like somebody already made a movie about Jim Suttle's mayoral staff.
* An Ashland city councilman, Chad Yochum, was ticketed for theft for allegedly rigging his home's water meter to fill his swimming pool for less. I'd like to know what he was thinking and, more importantly, how he did it.
* The good news: he's now eligible to run for office in Gretna.
* A scandal like this will hurt the Ashland city councilman if he runs for re-election. Because he's an incumbent, now he'll only win by 30 percent.
* U.K. boy band One Direction is about to begin a U.S. tour. This is obviously Britain's attempt at revenge for the Revolutionary War.
* Some guy in a Hong Kong hotel just leaked all the Father's Day gifts dads are going to receive.
* You know who has it easy on Father's Day? Craig Sager's kids. "A hideous, multi-colored necktie? I love it."
* Domino's is experimenting with flying "delivery drones." You know how competitive food delivery is. After hearing Domino's has a delivery drone, Jimmy John's went to work on a giant catapult, so they can slingshot the food directly into your mouth.
* Presidential elections are under way in Iran. To start with, there were 680 presidential candidates. In this country, we call that the GOP primaries.
* "Zero Dark Thirty" actress Jessica Chastain is reportedly under consideration to play Hillary Clinton. To get into character, Chastain is wearing nothing but pant suits, getting her hair done in a bouffant and hanging out with a disloyal man.
* Takoma Park, Md., just lowered the voting age to 16 for local elections and may extend it to national elections. When you look at the current U.S. Congress, I believe this is known as the "What Have We Got To Lose?" bill.
* The NSA is said to have monitored Facebook. You have to love a U.S. government that has no idea what's happening in Syria but can provide you a list of everyone who 'likes' "Can this shoehorn get more fans than Justin Bieber?"