* * * * * * * * * *
This is Brad's afternoon edition. Click here for his morning jokes.
* Shakespeare on the Green is getting under way in Omaha. There's so little hitting in the College World Series, instead of Elmwood Park, this weekend, "Hamlet" will be presented in deep center field at TD Ameritrade Park.
* Men's Wearhouse has fired founder George Zimmer. If the new spokesman says, "you're going to like the way you look," this will be like the baseball player who replaced Babe Ruth, only tougher.
* At the G8 summit, Twitter users criticized German Chancellor Angela Merkel for her wide-legged pants and Michelle Obama for her new bangs. I, for one, am just happy to see Twitter users recognizing women in politics.
* The Blackhawks evened the Stanley Cup Finals at 2-all with a 6-5 overtime win over the Bruins. In the CWS, Oregon State eliminated Indiana, 1-0. This puts in perspective how few runs are being scored in the CWS: There were 10 fewer scores than in the hockey game on the same night.
* The White House nominated a new secretary of commerce. Due to budget cuts, instead of an expensive search, an ad was placed on Craigslist in the 'Gigs Offered' section.
* CNN may be phasing out Wolf Blitzer and replacing him with a younger host. Here's what really offends Blitzer -- that younger host is Bob Barker.
* Miami Heat fans are being criticized for leaving early during Game 6 of the NBA Finals. I'm not sure why the Miami fans left early, but we can probably rule out rushing home to catch the end of the Marlins game.
* It was bad enough that Miami Heat fans left Game 6 early, but even LeBron James' headband split before the game was over.
* The Patriots signed Tim Tebow. Tebow was feeling pretty good until it dawned on him he was a guy who couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez and is now charged with beating out Tom Brady.
* A second New York Yankees player has been linked to a Florida anti-aging clinic. Either some of the Yankees were involved with performance enhancers or the team has a huge problem with premature liver spots.
* The World Naked Bike Ride was recently held in Chicago. Thousands of nude people on bicycles. Here's one race where you don't want to be in last place.