* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* It looks like Douglas County property taxes may increase. I thought that was impossible?
* There is a "heat advisory" for Omaha on Tuesday afternoon. I'd like to welcome the out-of-town visitors who just arrived for the U.S. Senior Open and made it almost five feet from the plane before being hit with the first weather advisory.
* In the course of the next few days, you should brace yourself for approximately 25 more weather advisories, alerts, watches and warnings.
* Four wallabies that escaped from their enclosure at a Des Moines zoo were re-captured. I can just picture a first-time visitor to town seeing four wallabies running down the street and going: "They weren't kidding when they said Des Moines is different from the rest of Iowa."
* Imagine if they'd escaped from the zoo? Some would see wallabies racing through Des Moines in July and assume it was a preview of this year's new menu item at the Iowa State Fair: Wallaby on a Stick.
* A quick message for the parents in the audience at Justin Bieber's Omaha concert Saturday night because apparently there is some confusion: Bieber did not sing the same song 23 times. It just seemed like it.
* At the concert, Justin Bieber appeared to be trying to appeal to his "older fans" -- the 9-year-olds.
* Lincoln has approved its first downtown entertainment district. I can remember not too long ago when downtown Lincoln on a Saturday night was classified as a wilderness preserve.
* Douglas County has a new seal. With our budget woes, it's Des Moines' old seal with "Des Moines" crossed out and "Omaha" penciled in.
* Dennis Rodman appears on the cover of Sports Illustrated's "Where Are They Now?" issue. This is not good. It means future U.S.-North Korean peace talks could fall through due to the S.I. cover jinx.
* A new planet was recently discovered. A desperate Edward Snowden applied for asylum there.
* Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro offered asylum to Edward Snowden right before a huge military parade began. This may give Snowden pause. It wasn't a holiday -- the huge military parades are every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* President Obama has nominated James Comey for FBI Director. This comes after senior aides convinced the celebrity-obsessed Obama it'd be a bad idea to nominate the lead character from "Hawaii Five-O."
* A petition to the White House asks that Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." be our new national anthem. If somehow this happens, I plan to join Edward Snowden in seeking asylum in Bolivia.
* According to a Gallup poll, seven percent of Americans get their news from the occasionally fact-challenged CNN. It's easy to spot people who get their news from CNN. They're the ones buzzing this week about the recent coup in Canada.