LINCOLN (AP) — The Lincoln City Attorney's office won't file charges against former Nebraska defensive end Cameron Meredith related to a fight last month.
Chief Assistant City Attorney John McQuinn told the Lincoln Journal Star on Friday the 23-year-old Meredith won't be charged.
Meredith earlier was cited after the early morning fight June 16 in downtown Lincoln.
Witnesses told police Meredith and his friends got into a confrontation with another group. A 20-year-old man intervened and was hit, suffering a broken jaw and broken eye socket.
McQuinn told the Journal Star, “I can't provide you with any other information other than to say we reviewed it in our office and determined that prosecution should be declined.”
Meredith, of Huntington Beach, Calif., appeared in 56 games in his career, setting a school record.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.