Immediate opening for an Applications Administrator at The Omaha World-Herald as part of Berkshire Hathaway's Media Group. The person in this role will support applications associated with producing daily print and digital news products and associated business functions, develop applications and design database solutions.
• Support and maintain applications.
• Collaborate with end users and managers to determine software requirements.
• Work independently or as part of a team to research, design, write and test software.
• Write technical documentation.
• .NET development and support
• SQL querying and design
• Linux / Unix (Sun)
• Basic shell scripting
• Ability to communicate with end users, managers and across all technical levels.