* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Warren Buffett's granddaughter was married at Lauritzen Gardens and serenaded by Bono of U2. The CenturyLink Center and Pinnacle Bank Arena have been competing to get the best concerts, and both were just topped by Lauritzen Gardens.
* It's expected to get up to 99 degrees in Omaha on Monday. That's a significant number. With the Stothert budget cuts, they turn on the air conditioning inside City Hall it if gets up to 100.
* Pete Ricketts is the seventh candidate to announce he's running for governor of Nebraska. Ricketts made it official when he tossed the silver spoon he was born with in his mouth into the ring.
* Ricketts has vowed not to wear the red cap he wore during his senate race against Ben Nelson in 2006. Ricketts donned the red cap to highlight his Nebraska roots. Instead, this time he's going with the rubber corncob head and red-striped overalls.
* Ricketts has also vowed to spend less of his own money on the campaign than when he ran against Nelson in 2006 – which was roughly equal to the gross national product of France.
* The Nebraska Attorney General's office is offering free document shredding. First thing this morning, Mayor Stothert showed up with the fire chief's latest exit proposal.
* Free document shredding. So while Nebraska officials virtually never give the citizens any worthwhile proposals and programs, at least now they've arranged for us to shred them for free.
* The town of Colcord, Okla., has been dealing with an infusion of blood worms in the drinking water. The blood worms were going to come to Omaha but know that the tap water here would kill 'em.
* Blood worms in the tap water. All of a sudden zebra mussels don't seem so bad.
* If you see people in Washington, D.C., walking into walls, tumbling off mopeds and falling while trying to chew gum while walking, there's an explanation: Congress is back in session.
* On Friday, President Obama met with the president of China, Xi Jingping. Because Obama handed him our rent check on Sept. 6, the Chinese president hit him with a $20 million late fee.
* Tuesday night, President Obama will address the nation on Syria. The rebuttal to Obama's speech will be delivered by the Democratic Party.
* President Obama will address the nation about Syria on Tuesday night. The situation is of vital urgency; just not so vital that Obama would dare compete against the first Monday Night Football game of the season.
* In college football, Michigan beat Notre Dame. It was almost a bowl game atmosphere, except for the part where the Big Ten team won.
* At the Michigan-Notre Dame game, Brent Musburger did an interview with Eminem. I'd call it a train wreck, only it was a lot worse than that.
* Musburger interviewed Eminem to prove he's hip. Then Brent and Kirk Herbstreit began twerking.
* It was scorching hot at college football games over the weekend. It was so hot that Iowa students were drinking water.