* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning jokes.
* According to a new report on allergies, Omaha is the 13th worst city in the nation for allergy sufferers. Instead of fireworks before the Fourth of July, perhaps non-profits should sell Kleenex.
* Bo Pelini said he has an idea who leaked the audiotape. We should know the name of the person soon when he or she signs up for that one-way flight to Mars.
* Pelini spoke on the telephone with UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman. That gives you an idea how serious the situation is -- Perlman stopped tweeting long enough to pick up a phone.
* Perlman delivered his annual State of the University speech Tuesday. Many Nebraskans reacted with utter shock to learn Nebraska is also apparently some kind of school and not just a football team.
* Fallout from the Video Music Awards continues. Cher just ripped Miley Cyrus' dancing, song, physique and tongue. Other than that, Cher enjoyed the performance.
* Despite the fact we broke off diplomatic relations with Iran in 1980, it's been reported President Obama has exchanged a "secret" letter with the Iranian president. Let's hope Deadspin isn't involved in breaking this one.
* The new "Grand Theft Auto" game contains the actual voices of criminals. So it sounds like the Obama jobs plan is a huge success, if you're a criminal.
* In the nation of Maldives, a "cursed" coconut was left near a polling place in hopes of influencing a presidential election. A desperate Republican Party asked, "Well, did it work?"
* It sounds silly, but when I stop and think about it, a cursed coconut may represent our only hope of defeating some congressional incumbents who keep getting elected.
* Joe Biden was in Iowa over the weekend to attend Sen. Tom Harkin's steak-fry. It was a "campaign-style event," meaning any burned steaks were blamed on GOP policy.
* A group of Jacksonville Jaguars fans rallied outside team headquarters, urging the team to sign Tim Tebow. It featured a banner reading "JAGS-TEBOW, WHY NOT?" That may be he least inspiring slogan since "ROMNEY -- WE COULD DO WORSE."
* Or "DON STENBERG FOR SENATE -- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?"
* A headline I just saw: "Miley Cyrus Strips Down." A headline I'd like to see: "Miley Cyrus Dons a Business Suit and Enrolls in College."
* LeBron James has married his longtime girlfriend. If it doesn't work out, LeBron plans to blame Chris Bosh.
* A new Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans is out. Fifty people on the list used to play football for Oklahoma State.