* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* Beginning Thursday at 12:30 p.m., Omaha's 84th and L intersection is closed to north- and southbound traffic while west- and eastbound traffic will be head to head in the west bound lanes. If you understand this, the emergency snow parking plan should be a piece of cake.
* Rhodes Scholars are standing around, mumbling: "Can you figure out this 84th and L Street thing? Me neither."
* Vice President Joe Biden said President Obama tried to log onto the Affordable Care Act website. To free up enough time to log on, Obama postponed his six-week vacation.
* Breaking news: The tea party just lambasted trick-or-treat candy as "unnecessary entitlements."
* This is a great combination: American kids eating way too much candy in a country with no functioning health care system.
* According to Forbes, Vladimir Putin is the most powerful person in the world. Sure, he's the only world leader with a Super Bowl ring.
* The NSA director testified before Congress. There was some confusion because the current Congress is sometimes also referred to as the NSA: the National Stupid Association.
* Members of the current Congress are so ineffectual, the NSA doesn't even bother to monitor their emails.
* Donald Trump has invited Vladimir Putin to attend the Miss Universe Pageant. Wise move. I think it's a good idea for the leader of Russia to occasionally be exposed to a group of people who value world peace.
* An Italy woman has left her entire $13.3 million fortune to her cat. You think that's stupid -- the parakeet is contesting the will.
* After winning the World Series, a member of the Boston Red Sox was life-flighted to the hospital. He had an ingrown whisker.
* After the Packers-Vikings game, Aaron Rodgers had a “super long” hug at midfield with ex-teammate Greg Jennings. Rodgers was whispering into Jennings' ear, trying to sell him an insurance policy.
* QB Jeff Garcia, 43, reached out to the Browns to let them know he's available. Just when you think the NFL has run out of reasons to fine Ndamukong Suh, it may get him for elder abuse.