Text and Styling by Heather Winkel
Photography by Dev Hanumara
Painted Ornament Clusters
WHAT YOU NEED
Clear glass bulbs
WHAT YOU DO
1. Pick out coordinating ribbon and paint colors.
2. Insert skewers into the Styrofoam base.
3. Remove tops from clear glass bulbs.
4. Squeeze paint into bulbs and swirl into a design.
5. Once painted, turn bulb upside down and on skewer to dry.
6. Watch excess paint ooze out!
7. Allow to dry completely (it may take several days). Remove from skewers and return tops to bulbs.
8. Measure varying lengths of ribbon (making sure they lay nicely into a cluster), and tie a single ribbon to each bulb.
9. Tie the dangling end of the ribbon in a knot and hang.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald®. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.