* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* The Nebraska Board of Pardons voted 3-0 to grant Johnny Rodgers a pardon. The Board of Pardons includes Gov. Dave Heineman and Attorney General Jon Bruning. Imagine looking across the table and knowing your pardon depends on the leniency of Heineman and Bruning? You think Rodgers got nervous before playing Oklahoma.
* Nebraska Crossing Outlets' ribbon cutting was at 8:30 a.m. Friday. The shoppers are so frenzied, the cut ribbon was then tossed into the crowd and sold for $9.99.
* Larry the Cable Guy performs at the Orpheum on Friday and then heads for the Husker game on Saturday. The main difference is that Larry's luxury suite at Memorial Stadium is slightly larger than the Orpheum.
* There is a new way of timing a Thanksgiving turkey. You put it in the oven when you begin trying to sign up for Obamacare online, and by the time you get logged in, the turkey is done.
* A kangaroo was seen hopping down a highway in Texas with authorities in pursuit. OK, a few years ago, I said I'd be fine if I never saw another slow speed chase. I'm taking that back.
* It looked like the halftime show at a Texas Tech game.
* The Los Angeles Lakers may be interested in signing Lamar Odom. That's only if the Lakers' first choice, the mayor of Toronto, falls through.
* A chess grandmaster entered a Chicago jail and defeated 10 inmates while blindfolded. There's a good idea: make the incarcerated even more bitter.
* Mike Tyson reports he was headbutted by his pet tiger. It's easy to spot the pet. He's the tiger missing part of an ear.
* A Colts player headbutted a helmet-less Titans player. Watching at home, Rich Incognito said, "Man, I miss the game."
* In a Fox Sports interview, Richie Incognito said he acted out of love for Jonathan Martin. Then, Incognito's nose grew four feet and Jay Glazer halted the interview.
* Dwayne Bowe is expected to start for the Chiefs on Sunday against the Broncos despite his arrest this week for marijuana possession. Finally, the Chiefs are acting like an NFL team.
* I can picture Carl Pelini: “I picked the wrong level of football.”
* A postgame women's college hockey brawl resulted in 303 penalty minutes and 19 disqualifications. It looked like the Dallas Cowboys huddle after a play when Dez Bryant didn't get the ball.