* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* This is the time of year thoughts turn to who knows when you've been good and when you've been bad, who knows when you are sleeping and when you're awake. But enough about the NSA.
* We have our first winter forecast for Omaha. In the event of heavy snow, Nebraska Crossing Outlets' shoppers are preparing teams of sled dogs in order to get to the factory outlet goods.
* Omaha is preparing for its first snow. Plows are sitting idle, no treatments are being applied to roads and motorists are practicing steering into ditches.
* One forecast says Omaha will receive 1-6 inches of snow on Thursday night. Well, I'm glad they could narrow it down.
* Omahans always have trouble driving the first time it snows. And the 29th time. And the 50th time. And the...
* Nebraska Crossing Outlets is giving away a new Range Rover, for which the winner will be announced at noon on Christmas Day. I'm sorry, that is sacrilege. At noon on Christmas Day, families should be huddled around the TV watching an NBA game.
* An Omaha man has been reunited with his motorcycle that was stolen 46 years ago. Remember when we used to have stories over the holidays about reunions of separated families? Now, we get a guy getting back with his Triumph.
* I have my plans for Thanksgiving. I'm going to stay home and give thanks I'm not stuck in the Kmart checkout line.
* There is a controversial new Kmart commercial showing a group of men dancing in their boxers. What ever happened to Bing Crosby and “White Christmas”?
* Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) pleaded guilty to cocaine possession. He claims he was just trying to further relations with Latin America.
* I knew something was up Monday when he introduced that “medicinal coke” bill.
* Radel “knowingly” possessed cocaine. If so, this would be the first time a member of the current Congress knowingly did anything.
* NASA launched a satellite made by high-school science students into outer space. When I was that age, I was trying to figure out how to turn on a Bunsen burner.
* An MSNBC host apologized for criticizing Sarah Palin. If every MSNBC host who has criticized Sarah Palin apologizes, it should take us through man landing on Mars in 2023.