* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning jokes.
* Texas football coach Mack Brown is on the hot seat. It's a different world in Texas. If Mack Brown gets fired, who does Gov. Rick Perry report to?
* Once again, the Omaha weather people are using hyperbole and blowing things out of proportion. They said: "We received a half-inch of new snow, with drifts up to three-quarters of an inch."
* Omaha received half of an inch of new snow. If the city was going to plow the side streets, it'd only take about 10 days to clear this amount.
* Republicans and Democrats in Washington, D.C., have reached a budget deal ahead of schedule. The odds of this happening are roughly the same as those of any one ticket winning a Powerball lottery.
* Unlike most deals the current Congress strikes, this one doesn't expire in three days.
* George H.W. Bush has joined Twitter. Good news for Twitter shareholders: The last person you would ever expect to join Twitter has just signed up.
* Michelle Obama said she doesn't want to be president. She has never wanted to be president. No confirmation that Mitt Romney then said, "You neither?"
* A photo was released of the Obama family singing Christmas carols. Call me a cynic, but I believe this was "Operation: Raise The President's Approval Rating A Couple Points."
* There's a Kim Jong-un look-alike in North Korea. Am I the only one with a strong hunch this is who Dennis Rodman has been meeting with?
* A number of University of Oregon football players are in hot water for throwing snowballs at strangers. Let's see. A Pac-12 team decides to obnoxiously toss snowballs. I wonder where they learned that behavior, Colorado fans?
* President Obama has threatened to get tough on Iran. Unless things change, he's gonna send the Oregon football team over packing snowballs.
* The NFL has banned tailgating before this February's Super Bowl in New Jersey. Instead, tailgating will be replaced by sled-dog races in the parking lot.
* In his first game back from injury, Kobe Bryant had eight turnovers. The good news? Kobe's finally passing. The bad news? It's to the other team.