* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* It was snowing early Friday in Omaha. According to at least one forecast, there was a zero percent chance of precipitation, which makes the forecast 100 percent wrong.
* Friday is the busiest travel day of the year. Or, as it's formally known in the Dickson household: "I Wouldn't Be Caught Dead At The Airport Day."
* "The X Factor" has crowned a new champion. This means the new champion of "The Voice" has someone to tag along with to Karaoke Night.
* President Obama was scheduled to leave on vacation to Hawaii on Friday. Before leaving, there was one last thing on the schedule: Sending peacekeeping forces to get between the cast of "Duck Dynasty" and A&E network executives.
* In a sign of the acrimony in Washington, D.C., it's now tradition whenever the president leaves on vacation for GOP members to gather on the tarmac and flip off the plane.
* Next year, milk prices could skyrocket to $8 per gallon in the U.S. If you’re looking for a Christmas gift for Dad, go with a dairy cow for the kitchen.
* Cher has released her 26th solo album. You know what Taylor Swift calls it when she releases 26 albums? "A slow month."
* Here’s the weird thing: Cher has a different nose on each of the 26 album covers.
* The Toledo Walleyes minor league hockey team is holding an Ugly (Christmas Jersey) Sweater Night. These will look even uglier after fans pour beer all over 'em.
* Walleye fans will also wear ugly Christmas sweaters. But it turns out that's just how minor league hockey fans in Toledo dress.
* After a recent loss, Southern Illinois men’s basketball coach Barry Hinson called his players "mama's boys," referenced Navy SEALS and discussed his own sex life. If I had a vote for Coach of the Year...
* In 2015, the College World Series will transition to a flat-seam ball designed to travel farther. The goal is to increase hitting at the CWS. If this doesn’t work, they’re gonna let batters hit the ball off a tee.
* An "unidentified bidder" paid $10,877.77 for beard shavings from World Series MVP David Ortiz. I gather he’s "unidentified" so his wife doesn't find out what he did with the kids' tuition money.