* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* There was a security breach at the Des Moines airport Monday when a man rode a baggage claim machine on a dare. This idiot was riding around the baggage carousel. He'll face charges just as soon as the airport can find out what it did with him.
* That's what you want to see when you get off your delayed, re-routed flight due to bad weather: an idiot riding a baggage carousel.
* It's gonna be tough to prosecute. Because it's the Des Moines airport, there were no witnesses.
* Although The Drover in Omaha overpaid its restaurant taxes by $11K, the city is only refunding $7K. That's under Omaha's new "finders keepers, losers weepers" system of taxation.
* Movoto has ranked Omaha as one of the top 10 U.S. cities to raise a family. That's provided your family doesn't eat (restaurant tax), drive (road closures) or use electricity (OPPD).
* Gov. Dave Heineman recently canceled a climate change study. I have no opinion, unless the point was to determine if we need a roof over the state, which I'm in favor of.
* The U.S. basketball team's game vs. North Korea will be played in total secrecy. UNO men's basketball has had games like that.
* Still, Edward Snowden said he's gonna reveal the score.
* Sen. Ted Cruz said he hopes to renounce his Canadian citizenship. And, if we don't get rid of Obamacare, I imagine he'll renounce his U.S. citizenship, too.
* There's a formal protocol to renounce Canadian citizenship. First, you turn in the hockey stick that was placed inside your bassinet in the maternity ward. Then...
* According to Public Policy Polling, Congress is less popular than lice. This is a new low. Congress now has a lower approval rating than parasites.
* Congress members are trying to spin this. "Hey, we're neck and neck with lice."
* The main difference, of course, is that, if elected, lice would pass more bills and do a better job with the debt ceiling.