1. You’ve experienced all four seasons. In under four seconds.
2. If you give a passing motorist “the finger,” it’s just your index finger waving from the steering wheel.
3. The highlight of your summer is driving across the state to attend the Nebraska State Fair.
4. Your version of a river boat cruise takes place in a horse tank.
5. You’ve seen a rancher and ranch dressing in the same afternoon.
6. You’ve experienced humidity you could cut with a knife and serve.
7. You know that the best garden serves beer.
8. “Ope!” is an acceptable and shorter pronunciation of whoops.
9. You’ve had chili with cinnamon rolls, Dorothy Lynch with salad, or a Runza with fries.
10. You know the difference between sweet and field corn.
11. At least once in your life, you’ve thrown a dry cow patty like a discus.
Think you couldn’t get any more Nebraskan? Think again. There’s only one place in the state where there’s nothing more Nebraskan — the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island from Aug. 27 – Sept. 6.