Here are this weekend's free fitness events:
- The Lincoln Track Club and Party in the Parks are sponsoring a free, 1-mile kids run on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Union Plaza in Lincoln near the Jayne Snyder Trails Center at 21st and Q Streets. There's no fee and no formal registration. Just show up and have fun!
- Tai Chi at the Park, a free and beginner-friendly event, will be held this Sunday at 8:30 a.m. at Memorial Park, 6005 Underwood Ave. Meet the group at the south stairs. You will be introduced to simplified Tai Chi movement. Tai Chi and Qigong (pronounced chee-gung) practices are known to improve balance and coordination, relax the mind and strengthen the body.
- Shake your hips and move to the rhythm at a free Zumba class this Sunday at 11 a.m. in Stinson Park near 67th and Center Streets.
- Take a breath of fresh air and relax with a free hour of yoga at 2 p.m. this Sunday at the Joslyn Art Museum near 22nd and Dodge Streets. The free classes are held every Sunday in August in the museum's sculpture garden. The classes move indoors to the fountain court with inclement weather.
-Sweat Cycle and Soul in Omaha hosts a free yoga class every Sunday at 2:30 p.m. The studio is located at 17940 Welch Plaza, Suite 101. Click here for details.
- Peak Performance, near 78th and Cass Streets, will host a free group run on the Keystone Trail at 6 p.m. Monday. Free beer follows. Click here for details.