* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* There was one bizarre play during the BCS championship game. A Notre Dame ball carrier was running down the open field when he tripped over Brent Musburger's tongue, which was hanging out of the press box after checking out A.J. McCarron's girlfriend.
* The disturbing thing about the game was that McCarron's girlfriend got more air time on ESPN than the entire Notre Dame team.
* There was another weird incident late in the game when the Alabama center angrily pushed the Alabama quarterback. It was so hostile that for a second I thought I'd tuned in to a Piers Morgan interview.
* John Boehner was re-elected House speaker. It is incomprehensible how this could happen. He defeated Nancy Pelosi. OK, now I comprehend.
* Members of the House had to choose between John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi for speaker. I had a similar decision last night at dinner when I had to decide between spoiled Brussels sprouts and moldy cheese.
* As a new U.S. senator was sworn into office, Joe Biden leaned in and kissed the senator's 90-year-old mother. I'm trying to confirm that Biden then whispered in her ear, “After I'm elected president in 2016, I'm cutting your Medicare.”
* When she recently interviewed President and Mrs. Obama, Barbara Walters made the president cry. She did this by showing him a photo of a dollar donated to the Obama campaign that had been misplaced.
* Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who has already been a Republican and an independent, announced on Twitter he's switching to the Democratic Party. He's now been a Republican, a Democrat and an independent. Sort of like Romney during the 2012 primary and campaign.
* Omaha City Councilman Pete Festersen kicked off his re-election bid at eCreamery in Dundee. I hope he doesn't think Omaha voters are so disengaged in City Council elections that we'd vote for a candidate just because there's ice cream involved – wait, I'm told that we are that disengaged.
* In Oceanside, Calif., a city bus fell into a giant sinkhole. And even the people on the bus said: “Can you believe the street conditions in Omaha? Who can put up with that?”
* The Gangnam Style video has received more than 1 billion hits on YouTube. That wouldn't be so depressing except for something like only 80,000 people have read the Bill of Rights.
* Miley Cyrus may have secretly gotten married. The bride wore something borrowed, mainly because if you read the tabloids, you know she doesn't own any clothes of her own.
* In her book, soccer star Hope Solo claims that “Dancing with the Stars” is fixed. You know, I began to suspect that the season that Mikhail Baryshnikov lost to Morley Safer.
* A professional cyclist who won a race in Spain received a piglet as his prize. It's easy to understand why cheating is so rampant in cycling when there's this much at stake.