DES MOINES — Members of a Des Moines family have fled safely from a fire at their home that erupted within a few hours of another blaze.
The first fire in the house's kitchen started around 1 a.m. Saturday. Firefighters soon arrived to put out the flames.
The family members went back to their bedrooms for some sleep. But around 6 a.m., one of Tara Nguyen's children rushed into her bedroom and reported that the kitchen was on fire again.
Firefighters returned to extinguish the flames and later told Nguyen an electrical fire started behind her stove.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.