Omaha and Carter Lake, Iowa, firefighters each battled house fires overnight in the Omaha area.

Monday night, firefighters spent about 30 minutes bringing a house fire under control near North Ninth Street and Redick Avenue in Carter Lake. No injuries were reported.

Early Tuesday, firefighters quickly doused a house fire near 16th and Laird Streets in Omaha. No injuries were reported, and no cause for the fire was determined.

The fire occurred in a two-story, wood-framed house that had two apartments and was vacant.

Fire damage was contained to the exterior siding of the structure, OFD said, with minimal damage to the framing.

The fire remains under investigation.

Also, OFD investigators released details about a fire Saturday night in Omaha.

The fire occurred about 6:50 p.m. in a two-story, wood-framed house near North Saddle Creek Road and Hamilton Street.

OFD said the fire started in the chimney and spread to the structure. The homeowners had a fire going in the fire place and then noticed smoke in the structure and called 911.

All occupants made it out without any injuries.

The fire was considered accidental due to a chimney malfunction.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Please keep it clean, turn off CAPS LOCK and don't threaten anyone. Be truthful, nice and proactive. And share with us - we love to hear eyewitness accounts.

You must be a digital subscriber to view this article.