Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Iowa boy, 10, dies after being burned in backyard fire

Iowa boy, 10, dies after being burned in backyard fire

  • 0

EARLHAM — A 10-year-old Iowa boy died after he was badly burned while using gasoline to make a backyard fire with his older brother, authorities said.

The incident happened in the family’s backyard Saturday near Earlham, about 30 miles west of Des Moines.

The Madison County Sheriff’s Office said the boy and his 13-year-old brother started a fire with gasoline from the garage. At some point Chris Allsup poured the rest of the gas on the fire, and the flames engulfed him.

Chris suffered burns on 91 percent of his body. He was flown to Iowa City for treatment but didn’t survive.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

all

Breaking News

Huskers Breaking News

News Alert