An Omaha dad who mistakenly ate some marijuana brownies didn’t enjoy the experience.
Omaha police officers were called to a house near 90th and Maple Streets about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday to investigate an accidental overdose. They learned that a 53-year-old man had been unloading groceries and found some brownies in the back seat of a car that his adult children had used earlier in the day.
The man ate four of the brownies.
The man’s wife told police that as she and her husband were watching TV, he noted that he was getting “bad anxiety.” She tried to call their children to ask them what was in the brownies but couldn’t reach them. (The woman told officers that she would rather not provide her children’s names because she thought they could get in trouble. An Omaha police spokesman said the investigation into the matter has concluded.)
While police were at the house, one of the couple’s children arrived and told officers the brownies belonged to his siblings. He told them he was “pretty sure it was just marijuana in the brownies,” according to a police report.
Paramedics called to the scene who checked the man found his vital signs to be normal. But they noted that he was displaying odd behavior — crawling around on the floor, randomly using profanities and calling the family cat a "bitch."
The man told paramedics he felt like “he’s trippin’.” He declined their offer to be taken to the hospital.
The paramedics helped the man to his bedroom and he got into bed. The man and his wife were told to call 911 again if his situation worsened.
Contact the writer: 402-444-1272, firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!